Ghana’s Black Satellites took on Ghana Premier League club, Nations FC in a friendly fixture at the University of Ghana Sports Stadium. The two sides used the game to test each other’s resolve. For the Kumasi based club, they have been in active since the league was suspended in week nineteen following the unfortunate stabbing of Kotoko supporter, Yaw Frimpong (Nana Pooley) which led his demise. READ MORE : Club Friendly : Hearts of Oak lose to Legon Cities Coach Kassim Mingle used the game to test his systems, strategies, formations and his side’s rusty setup the league will take…
Author: Raphael Bannerman-Quartey
Ghana Premier League clubs, Legon Cities and Hearts of Oak tested their muscle against each other in a friendly duel at the University of Ghana Sports Stadium. The two teams who have not played competitively since week nineteen of the of the Ghana Premier League. Coach Outtara named his starting lineup made up off, Benjamine Asare, Yahaya Dramani, Ransford Mensah, Oppong Afranie, Konadu Yiadom, Raphael Amponsah, Humphrey Tetteh, Hamza Issah, Abdul Aziz Adam, Akwesi Asmah, Enock Asubonteng. READ MORE : “The President has been misled “– Oduro Sarfo responds to GFA accountability Abdul Aziz Adam was subbed off forward for…
Nana Oduro Sarfo, a member of the Ghana Football Association’s executive committee, has swiftly responded to President John Mahama’s statement on the GFA’s accountability. Ghana’s President, John Mahama, remarked that years of budget secrecy would be a thing of the past under his administration and urged the Sports Minister to ensure the accountability of the Black Stars budget. READ MORE: FIFA clears Accra Sports Stadium to host BlackStars vs Chad game But in a swift rebuttal, the ExcO member has suggested that the Sports Ministry should be held accountable for anything budget related and not the GFA as widely…
The Accra Sports Stadium has been cleared by FIFA to host the 2026 World Cup qualifier against Chad in March 2025 The Black Stars will go head-to-head with their African counterparts for a slot for the World Cup slated for the USA/Mexico, and Canada. Friday, March 21, 2025, kicking off at 19:00 hours. READ MORE: “There will be no secrecy” – President Mahama on BlackStars budget The BalckStars have been a pale shadow of themselves in recent times, they failed to qualify for the first time in 20 years for the AFCON in a group that had Angola, Niger and…
President H.E. John Dramani Mahama has given strong indication of his commitment to ensuring transparency in the dealings of the BlackStars. The first gentleman of the land made this remark in his State of the Nation Address on Thursday at the Parliament house detailing his commitment to ensuring that funds allocated to the national teams are well spent and accounted for at every opportunity. READ MORE: Mohammed Kudus ceases to wear No.10 Black Stars jersey He remarked, “Next month, the senior national team, the Black Stars, now a shadow of their former selves, will be in action. “I have…
Ghanaian player Mohammed Kudus is said to have voluntarily ceased wearing the Black Stars’ number 10 jersey. The 24-year-old was seen wearing the number 10 shirt during the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sudan and Niger last year. But in a swift turn of events, the poster boy for the senior national team has decided to voluntarily give up the wearing of the jersey. READ MORE: Kurt, Appiah visit BlackStars defender, Alidu Seidu in France It’s unclear what may have led to this singular decision from the player, but Saharafootball.net has picked up news that the player…
Ghana Football Association president Kurt Okraku and Vice Chairman of the Black Stars, Stephen Appiah has paid a visit to Black Stars defender, Alidu Seidu in France. The hard-tackling defender suffered an injury while playing for Rennes against Lille in November 2024. READ MORE: MTN FA CUP R16: PAC Academy dumps Medeama out to reach quarter-finals The defender is said to have suffered a cruciate ligament injury which will see him out of action for 10 months. Seidu was seen with GFA president Kurt Okraku and Black Stars Management Committee Vice Chair, Stephen Appiah, as he makes his…
Communications Director of Kotoko, Sarfo Duku has stated the club’s plans to return to competitive football after the burial and final funeral rites of their late supporter, Yaw Frimpong. In the past weeks, the club has held consultative meetings with the GFA, Ghana Police, and other vested parties to address the way forward to stamp out hooliganism. The club disclosed during the press conference that it will return to club football after the burial rites of its supporters are held. READ MORE: Asante Kotoko announces date club will resume full football activities Pooley’s funeral is scheduled for March 6,…
The MTN FA Cup round of 16 provided shocking results, with two Ghana Premier League clubs, Hearts of Oak and Medeama SC, exiting the competition. The pair lost separately to Division One teams, Golden Kick and PAC Academy on penalties. This means their quest for a cup of silverware has been extinguished at the quarterfinal stage, they will have to try next year. READ MORE: “We were determined to make history ” – Zakaria Mumuni on beating Hearts of Oak Samuel Boadu’s Berekum Chelsea served it hot for Northern City in a five-goal thriller. In other games, Nania FC…
Golden Kick player, Zakaria Mumuni has praised the team’s effort in their shocking victory over Hearts of Oak in a thrilling MTN FA Cup game at the University of Ghana Sports Stadium. The home side touted as the underdogs coming into this game was not swayed by the superiority of their opponents, Hearts of Oak. READ MORE: MTN FA CUP R16: PAC Academy dumps Medeama out to reach quarter-finals They held the Phobians to a goalless draw in either half of the game to force a penalty shout where they edged it, 4-3 to advance to the quarter-finals for…